We are currently reviewing portfolios for this position. We’re interested in meeting an awesome graphic designer in the DC area. If you think you have what it takes to work with us, please send us your resume and portfolio!
We're a close knit group of designers doing award winning work in a fun, laid back environment. We're a full service branding studio, meaning we do a bit of everything: branding, marketing, web design, print design, packaging, promotional pieces, environmental design, etc. Our clients include everyone from local favorites like Taylor Gourmet and the SEED Foundation to national and international organizations like the World Bank, AIGA and more.
We're looking for someone with at least 2 years of professional experiece. You should have a solid understanding of design principles and theory and a strong portfolio to prove it. Since we're such a small studio we all have to wear a lot of hats, so basic web experience is necessary. Also, and perhaps most importantly, you should be easy-going but you should still have a strong work ethic!
About the Job
We don't just hire semi-talented people to churn out our ideas... we hire awesome people so that they can develop and produce their own ideas. We want you to grow with the studio and to become an integral part of the ripe hive mind, we don't just want to squeeze the most work out of you we can.
That being said, we are incredibly busy all the time, so having a strong work ethic is vital. At ripe you'll be doing a bit of everything and will be working on nearly every project that comes through the studio. We don't really have job descriptions or distinct print/interactive positions, so you'll be expected to work in a wide range of mediums.
- A strong grounding in design principle and theory (which should be reflected in your portfolio)
- Basic experience with HTML and CSS. (The more interactive experience you have the better!)
- Adobe Creative Suite and OS X experience
- Ability to work as part of a team and to take direction
- Desire to constantly improve how you/we work
- Be up to date with best practices, new technologies, design trends, etc.
- Good organizational and communication skills
- BA in design or related art field (or just be really awesome)
How to Apply
- Submit your resume and cover letter to createwithus [at] ripe [dot] com
- You MUST include a digital portfolio with no less than 3 samples of past work. Can be as simple as a PDF or as complex as a full portfolio web site.
- Provide brief descriptions of your involvement for each project
- No phone calls please
- Make sure you follow these steps! We tend to ignore people who don't.
- For added points: What is your favorite typeface and why? (Psst... This is how we tell who reads directions!)
No phone calls please, we’re really busy! If you have questions feel free to email us or hit us up on Twitter @ripe.